From the anime series Mobile Suit: Zeta Gundam comes the titular A.E.U.G Attack-Use Prototype Variable Form Mobile Suit MSZ-006 ZETA GUNDAM!
The Real Grade line of kit-set models combines the best aspects of the other three GUNPLA lines: The small size and affordable prices of the High Grade, the advanced inner frame technology of the Master Grade and the massive parts count and details of the Perfect Grade. The tagline for the RG line is “Excitement Embodied”
This 1/144th scale Real Grade kit-set model contains:
- Zeta Gundam
- 2x Beam Sabers (Beam Gun in Waverider Mode)
- Beam Rifle
- 2x Extra E-pacs
- Action Base adaptor (for both MS mode and Waverider mode)
- Landing Gear for Waverider mode
- 1/144 Kamille Bidan figurine
- Adapter for Action Base
Weapons & Gimmicks
- The kit is fully transformable between MS mode and Waverider mode.
- Any of the weapons can be wielded by either the poseable or solid weapon-holding hands.
- Little tabs on the heel can be adjusted for a more stable standing pose.
- Beam saber handles can be optionally removed from the side waist armor as handheld weapons.
- Beam rifle can be folded for storage or attachment during Waverider mode.
- Shield can extend/retract.
- The blue panels on the forearms can flip out to reveal grenade launchers.
- The extra Grenade Launcher ammo can mount onto the forearms.
- Zeta Gundam (in either MS or Waverider modes) can mount onto the Action Base via an adapter.
The Zeta Gundam is a high-performance, next-generation MS developed by Anaheim Electronics in partnership with the AEUG as part of the “Project Zeta”. This project aims to develop a transformable mobile suit capable of operating in space and on earth, but it stagnated due to problems with the strength of the movable frame. Progress was later made when the Anaheim Electronics studied the movable frame of the RX-178 Gundam Mk-II units stolen by AEUG from the Titans. The completed Zeta Gundam also incorporated design ideas from the AEUG’s Newtype pilot, Kamille Bidan, who served as the mobile suit’s first main pilot.
The main feature of the Zeta Gundam is its ability to instantly transform into a streamlined Waverider mode, which can fly at high speed in space as well as in the atmosphere. The Zeta Gundam can also function as a sub-flight system in this mode, carrying another mobile suit on its top surface.